Reblog! This could save lives!
This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.
THIS MAKES ME VERY VER YVERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY
Osaka Pokémon Center, part 3.
When I’ve lost count in orchestra and have to guess when to come in
this means so much to me. so much
Okay but like actually this is the most thoughtful gift IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
It might seem to make more sense to give Ron the precious family heirloom (remember that Molly’s brother Fabian died in the First Wizarding War; Molly has held onto his watch out of sentimentality since then). But Ron is the sixth son in his (canonically financially-struggling) family. He’s been forced into hand-me-downs his whole life. If he’d gotten the watch with a dent in the back, he wouldn’t have appreciated it; he’d only have seen the flaw. And if his mum bought Harry a new watch instead of getting Ron one, Ron would have resented that. A new watch was a worthwhile expense to get Ron a rare taste of the luxury and individual attention he has always craved.
Harry, though. Harry has money; Harry has new things. What Harry does not have is family. Harry is an orphan. Other than one photo album and the invisibility cloak, he doesn’t have anything that came with family history attached. What Molly does here is give him that; she makes him part of the family, symbolically, by giving him an emotionally significant if physically imperfect item. She gives him love in a tangible form.
This makes me CRY
Even more sad: Molly didn’t just have one brother. She had two, Gideon and Fabian, and they were twins. They both died in the first war and Fred and George’s names are a deliberate remembrance of them. Molly is overbearing in protecting her sons and keeping them close, but losing her family isn’t an abstract threat to her. It’s something that’s already happened once. And she gives Fabian’s watch to Harry because he’s her kid too. He belongs in her family, and she’ll worry for him too, and fight for him, and afskfhgl I have so many herofeels for Molly Weasely the Supermum.
Lots of Random Thoughts
My parents are coming to an orchestra concert for the first time ever and I’m pretty positive they’re going to be bored but I still hope they like it even though I don’t even like orchestra very much and I don’t think we’re very good.
I keep thinking about going home for Halloween soup and names day cake and having Thanksgiving with my family and realizing that none of those things will happen this year or ever again and crying a lot.
I’m going to Thanksgiving with Elijah and his family this year and I’ve never met most of them and I’m fucking terrified.
I keep thinking about how the last time I saw my grandma I never thought she’d get anything but better and about how she treated my best friend like her own relative and how she gave me her extra popcorn because she knew how much I like it.
My dad had to go to the hospital again for his back but apparently he’ll be better soon. I’m worried about his driving back and forth to visit me.
I’m afraid I won’t be able to visit yiayia and papou enough before its too late.
I’m a much stronger trumpet player than I was three months ago and that is amazing and terrifying and I hope I never stop getting better, I hope I never stop playing and learning and growing.
My life is full of so many amazing opportunities to learn from amazing people and I am so blessed.
do u ever miss a friend but u don’t want to tell them bc they’re probably doing perfectly fine without u and to them it probably doesn’t even matter and so u don’t want them to think ur annoying or needy
but Neville being the greatest godfather to ever godfather though
- always popping round for dinner in the holidays whenever he can to see his godson
- flooing to the Potters’ as soon as classes have finished on Albus’ birthday so he can spent as much time as he can with him
- making sure that Albus always had someone to talk to about personal stuff when he felt he couldn’t go to either of his parents
- taking both Albus and James out during the first few months after Lily was born to make sure they never felt left out or replaced, and to reassure them that they are still loved
- still joking around with Albus when he finally came to Hogwarts
- whenever he scolded someone in the class that Albus didn’t like or someone that was giving him a hard time, he’s always turn around and give him a sly wink and Albus would stifle a giggle
- helping Albus with homework he was stuck on, whether it was Herbology or not, regardless of having his own work to do or papers to mark because he still remembers how difficult things were for him
- Neville buying him all the things Ginny and Harry thought he was just a little too young for, and then reminding Ginny and Harry about all the shit they used to get up to when they were Al’s age
- Neville inviting Albus to his quarters for lunch and telling him all the childhood stories about his parents and uncles that they had all conveniently “forgot” to mention
- Neville being the best godfather Albus could ever wish for